kadi fit

PLEASE VISIT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.KADIFIT.COM/BLOG
I promise it's worth a look!



Friday, July 10, 2009

{easily amused}

Here I sit. Still on my week long break before reality sets back in. Until Monday I am a kid again. It is the Bi-annual Farmer Family Reunion and Wednesday's trip to the amusement park was definitely a highlight. Ironically it was "National Act Like a Kid Day" and boy did I take that to heart. The most memorable part was not the "double-black diamond rides" as my cousin Vicki called them, but the hour or so I spent with Madison, my three-year old niece. Unfortunately I did not have my camera at the time, but the images are forever ingrained in my memory...

I found Madison and my sister, Kristin, in Kids Land. Madison was sitting in the stroller with her signature two fingers in her mouth, holding on to the towel as blankie was not allowed on the trip. My sister greeted me,
"Hi!"
"Everyone else is in the waterpark, but I wanted to come spend some time with you guys," I said.
"OK, do you want to go on the roller coaster with Madison?"
"THE YELLOW ONE?!" Madison shouted, pointing to the miniature yellow coaster in front of us. 
The seemingly exhausted, groggy 3 year-old then jumped up, grabbed my hand, and ran to the coaster saying "run faster Aunt Kate!" I told her we should really sit in the front because it is the best. She gave me a quick look of uncertainty, but showing her true Farmer heritage she went right for it. Click click click... As we chugged up the hill I said "wave to mommy." And we did as we zoomed down and around. It was fifteen seconds of pure happiness. I noticed there was not a soul in line as the car returned to the station. "Do you want to do it again?" I asked and she beamed from ear to ear. Another fifteen seconds of pure happiness. 
For the next hour my niece held my hand dragging me from ride to ride and I loved every second. 
I decided the saying "Easily Amused" should no longer hold a negative connotation. Often in life we go for the biggest, or most extravagant when all we really need is the simplest of things. 

No comments: