kadi fit

PLEASE VISIT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.KADIFIT.COM/BLOG
I promise it's worth a look!



Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 20 {Simply me. Simply kadi}

I have been slacking...big time. With good reason though. I am in the midst of a bi-annual, week-long family reunion.

So the event has stopped Mike and I dead in our tracks of all of the packing/organizing and purging. To be honest, I am thoroughly enjoying the well needed rest. So for now I'm sitting back and reflecting on the journey...

I believe it is important to first reflect on why we are taking this step of simplifying our lives and majorly downsizing our dwelling. Most would assume we are either desperate or crazy. Well... we're not desperate (at least not financially). Honestly, I just wanted to make a BIG change in my life. I am in the wee beginnings of starting my own business and my mind is racing with ideas of all of the things I would love to do with it. Not only will I focus on dance and fitness, but I also want to introduce a lifestyle to others. I, like most everyone, love clothes, electronics, cars, and all of the STUFF I have accumulated over time. But to be honest, I don't need it, and would probably be better off without it. I am not saying I am going to sell all of my clothes and rid myself of any great style. But, my goal is to find those few items that are really awesome and that really define ME, and love them. Then I will free myself from every thing else that is excess weight... an imitation if you will. And there I will be. Simply me. Simply Kadi.

And I will enjoy every minute.

So will my dogs.

No comments: